Carbon Steel Reducer possesses high-pressure resistance, higher strength, and wear resistant.
A steel pipe reducer is a component used in the pipelines to reduce its size from large to small bore in accordance to the inner diameter. The length of the reduction here is equal to an average of the smaller and larger pipe diameters. Here, the reducer can be used as a diffuser or a nozzle. The reducer helps in meeting the existing piping of varied sizes or hydraulic flow of the piping systems.
- It makes the piping system reliable and compact.
- It safeguards the piping system from any kind of adverse impact or thermal deformation.
- When it is on the pressure circle, it prevents from any type of leakage and is easy to install.
- The nickel or chrome coated reducers extends the product life, useful for high vapor lines, and prevents corrosion.
- The usage of a steel reducer is carried out in the chemical factories and power plants
This reducer consists of the symmetrical and conical shaped fittings that enlarge or reduce the diameter equally about the center line. For an example, when 1” pipe transitions to ¾” pipe, then the top or bottom of the pipe do not remain level. It is widely used when single or multiple diameter changes.